- Force-directed algorithms for schematic drawings and placement: A survey
- Snapshot Visualization of Complex Graphs with Force-directed Algorithms
- CWBound: boundary node detection algorithm for complex non-convex mobile ad hoc networks
- Design and Implementation of Lifeline Emergency Ad Hoc Network
- Architecture of Force-directed Algorithms
Constructing an emergency network based on portable devices that forward emergency messages to the emergency stations or rescue teams could be helpful in disaster scenarios. No central server is needed because portable devices are self-organized in the ad hoc network.
The basic idea to build such emergency network is shown as follows:
- Compile the source code of OLSR (Optimized Link State Routing Protocol) and install them into the Android Operating System and wireless routers.
- Each portable device is designed to store the neighbor’s information so as to allow recovery from partial crash.
- Through the integration of OLSR with the Android, messages are allowed to be forwarded in the emergency network by the portable devices.